What are some basic steps I can take when I am having trouble printing?
- Make sure that the printer is powered on.- Check to make sure there isn't a paper jam in the printer.
- Make sure that there is paper in the tray(s).
- Check the printer status on your local workstation by clicking on Start -> Printers & Faxes. There will sometimes be a status message that will give you more information about the problem.- If this is a network printer, determine whether others can print to it. If nobody can print, and you've checked the above issues, submit a workorder.
- If this is a local printer, right-click the printer name and make sure that the printer is online. If you see a menu item that says "Use Printer Offline, it indicates the printer is currently online. However, if this option reads "Use Printer Online," it means you are currently offline. Click on that option to put the printer back online.
- If you are trying to print to a Ricoh copier, you need to have an account on our Equitrac print accounting server that machines your local computer login name. If you are unsure whether you have an Equitrac account, contact your departmental administrator.