If you have a personalized Rutgers email address, you may want to use it instead of netid@[yourdomain].rutgers.edu as your outgoing email address.
- Go to http://netid.rutgers.edu
- Click on Manage Email Addresses on the left
- Log in with your NetID and Rutgers Password
- Check to see if the email address you want to send from is listed in the Personalized Email Address Section:
- If the address you want to use is not listed, click Create New Personalized Email Address below the list of addresses. (Note: you can create up to three Personalized Email Addresses. If necessary, delete one of the three by clicking the trash icon to the right of the address).
Then, enter a new personalized email address (using at least one special character, preferably a period), and click Create:
- Scroll down to the Rutgers Connect Account Information section and choose your "From" email address by clicking the "Change FROM address" icon to the right of your current Rutgers Connect "From" address:
- Select the new "From" address using the 'Update Rutgers Connect "From" Address' popup window, then click Update:
- Changes may take up to 2 hours to take effect.
Once the change has taken effect, the address you selected will be your default "Send As" address. You can also click the "From" dropdown menu when composing a message, and change the From address to your actual email address (see below):