Before using Box you will need to activate the service on your NetID.
- Go to https://netid.rutgers.edu and select Service Activation on the left of the site.
- Log in with netID and password
- You will see the following screen:
- Select the Box Cloud Storage Option
- NOTE: You don’t have to activate the service again if you have [You already have this account.] listed next to the Box option.
- Click the “Activate Services” button
- Go to https://box.rutgers.edu/downloads/
- Click on the operating system type (in your case Windows) and save the file and install the software.
- A Box folder will be created in File Explorer
Saving or Moving data to Box
- You can create folders just like you do on your own computer and copy\move documents into those folders.
- If you are running low on hard drive space this is a good place to move your data to free up hard drive space on your local computer
- The box folder works the same as any other folder on your computer. You can save a document directly to the box folder, drag and drop or cut and paste.
- The cloud on the folder indicates it’s in the cloud
If you click on folder, right click and click on make Available Offline, this will download the data onto your computer
Logging into Box from any location:
- Go to https://box.rutgers.edu/
- Click on login
- Log in with your net id and net id password