Accessing OneDrive via a Web Browser
- Open your web browser of choice eg. safari, fire fox, chrome.
- Go to https://connect.rutgers.edu.
- Login with your email and netID password.
- Click the following icon with the 9 dots in the upper left.
- Click on OneDrive from the list of Apps.
- A list of your folders and files will be displayed.
- You can now add or modify any of the folders/files by clicking on them individually or by clicking the “Show Actions” icon next to each folder/file.
Installing OneDrive on your Mac
- Download Microsoft OneDrive from the App Store.
- Once it finishes downloading the Setup OneDrive will open.
- Enter your email address.
- Click “Sign In”.
- Click “Next” on the This is Your OneDrive Folder Window **You do NOT need to change the Location.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Open my OneDrive – Rutgers University Folder”
A OneDrive folder will be created in Finder Window
Saving or Moving data to OneDrive
- You can create folders just like you do on your own computer and copy\move documents into those folders.
- If you are running low on hard drive space this is a good place to move your data to free up hard drive space on your local computer.
- The OneDrive folder works the same as any other folder on your computer. You can save a document directly to the OneDrive folder, drag and drop or cut and paste.
- The cloud on the folder indicates it’s in the cloud
If you Control + click on a OneDrive folder/file and click on Always Keep on This Device, this will download the file onto your machine.