Schedule Zoom Meetings as Someone Else in Rutgers Connect
- Navigate to https://connect.rutgers.edu
- Select the Calendar option in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Begin to schedule a new meeting by selecting New Event in the top left-hand of your screen.
- From the top options on the New Event page, select the three dots on the right side of the top of the window, and then go to Zoom.
- Select Settings
- Click the drop down menu in the Schedule for section and select the user you will be creating a Zoom meeting for.
- Once the user has been selected click the blue Add Zoom Meeting button above
- NOTE: Make sure to add the user’s email along with the other attendees to the Invite Attendees field
- When you schedule a Zoom meeting for someone else, it does not go into their Outlook calendar. The only way for them to see these scheduled meetings is to log into the zoom web site. If you include them in the attendees list, they will receive the Zoom Meeting RSVP email which they can then click YES on so that the meeting is added to their Outlook calendar.
- You will now see that a Zoom meeting has been added to your event, and you can schedule it as you would any other Rutgers Connect calendar event. You have to view the full details of the meeting in order to view the Zoom button. It won't show up in the small window that pops up when you create a meeting. The Zoom meeting will be adjusted to match the time and date set by the calendar event. The details will be in the notes for the meeting and the title of the meeting will be taken from the title you put on the calendar appointment. If you edit the event in the future, the Zoom meeting will be updated accordingly.
- Click Send once the meeting details have been filled in.
NOTE: Steps 11 through 15 are only performed the first time you schedule a Zoom meeting in Rutgers Connect.
- If the following message pops up:
- Click the Allow
- If you don’t get this message skip to step 11
- Click Sign in with SSO
- Enter rutgers in the domain field and click Continue
- Enter your NetID and NetID password on the Rutgers Central Authentication Service (CAS) window
- Click Login
Zoom Meeting Settings
- Meeting settings can be adjusted by clicking on the Settings option.
- After the information has been added to the calendar invite, you can click on Settings under the Zoom option to change the settings for that meeting.