Categories can be thought of as folders that hold your articles. Categories can contain not only articles, but also additional categories (called subcategories). A category that contains subcategories is said to be the "parent" of those subcategories
1. From the Joomla! Home Dashboard, click on Article Categories under "Site", and then click on the New button once on the "Articles: Categories" page
2. Hover over the Categories item under the "Content" tab on the left; then click on the plus sign item that appears next to Categories
Category Page Details
- Enter a title for your category in the "Title" field
- Enter an optional Category Description in the text area under "Description"
- If the category should be a subcategory of another category, select the other category from the Parent dropdown menu to the right.
- When completed working with the category, click Save & Close