It is useful to display right hand menu modules on your site pages. These modules remain visible after a dropdown menu item on the Main Menu is clicked.
- In the Joomla! control panel (back end), navigate to Extensions > Modules, then click the New button to create a new module:
- For "Select a Module Type," select "Menu"
- Enter a title for the module in the "Title" field. For example, if you want to display a menu of the dropdown menu items under "People" on the Main Menu, enter "People" for the title.
- Configure Module Options:
- For "Select Menu," select the menu to be displayed
- For "Start Level," select "2." This will display the dropdown menu item list corresponding to the menu assignment (selected later in this procedure)
- For "Show Title," click Show
- For "Position," select "sidebar-b" (this is the right side of the web page)
- Click the "Menu Assignment" tab:
- Change "Module Assignment" to "Only on the pages selected"
- For "Menu Selection," click the "None" link shown after "Select: All,"
- Select the menu items corresponding to the dropdown menu item list where this module should be displayed. For example, if you are creating a menu module for the "People" dropdown list, check off the menu items under "People:"