An "Articles - Newsflash" module can display text from one or more articles. The ordering can be set to random, so that each time you visit the page where the module is displayed, it will show content from a different article.
- In the Joomla! back-end (Control Panel), navigate to Extensions > Modules, then click the New Button to create a new module:
- For "Select a Module Type," select "Articles - Newsflash"
- Enter the name of the module in the "Title" field.
- Under "Position," click the dropdown menu, and select the desired module position. For example, to display the module to the right of the content area, select "Sidebar-b [sidebar-b]"
- Configure the options for the module:
- For "Category," select the category or categories whose articles will be displayed (see #1 below)
- Change "Show Images" to "Yes" if images from the articles should be displayed in the module (see #2 below)
- For "'Read more ...' Link", click "Show" if you would like to display a "Read more" link that links to the full article (see #3 below)
- For "Number of Articles," enter the number of articles to be displayed by the module (see #4 below)
- For "Order Results," select how the articles should be ordered (see #5 below) . The options are:
- Published Date
- Created Date
- Modified Date
- Ordering (i.e. article ordering)
- Hits (number of hits)
- By default, Joomla! will assign the new module to all pages. To display the module only on selected pages, follow the documentation for Assigning a Module to one or more menu items.
- When done, click Save & Close to the upper left: