When uploading a PDF or non-image format file, use JCE File Browser instead of Media (used for images). A bug in Joomla! prevents PDF files from being uploaded via Media.
- In the Joomla! back-end (Control Panel), go to Components > JCE Editor Pro > Control Panel
- Click on the File Browser icon:
- Once in the File Browser, look under Folders to the left.
- To upload directly to "images," don't select a folder; just proceed to the next step ("Click the Upload icon...")
- To upload to an existing folder, browse to and select the folder.
- To upload to a new folder:
- Browse to the folder where the new folder should be located
- Click New Folder to the upper right (see #1 below)
- Enter a name for the folder in the New Folder popup window. Do not use spaces or any special characters other than a dash ("-")
- Click Create
- Click on the new folder you created
- Click the Upload icon to the upper right (see #2 below)
- Click Browse to the lower right (see #1 below).
- Select one or more files from your computer, then click Upload (see #2 above).
- If you get the message "Upload failed!", the file may already exist. Delete the current file following the next step (7a), then try to upload it again.
- Once a file has been uploaded, you can select it, then do the following:
- Delete it - see icon #1 below
- Rename it - see icon #2 below
- Move it, by selecting "Cut" (see icon #4 below), browsing to another folder, and clicking "Copy" (see icon #3 below)
- The "View" icon (#5 below) may not work on PDFs, but should work with images.
- Note: if you rename, move, or delete a file, any links to those files will no longer work.