JEvents is a Joomla! component that lets you create events and display them in a variety of ways. We commonly use the component to display future and past events. If you haven't already set up JEvents Categories and added Events, please do that before making the module:
This is how to set up a module to display upcoming events:
- Go to Components > Modules:
- Select the New button from the top left of the page:
- Select "JEvents - Latest Events Module" as the type of module from the list:
- Give the module a title and a position. Usually, this module works best in the "Sidebar B (sidebar-b)" position. See a list of commonly used module positions here.
- Unless the module should appear on all pages of the website, assign it to specific pages as follows:
- Click the "Menu Assignment" tab
- Click the dropdown box to the right of Module Assignment and select "Only on the pages selected" (see #1 below).
- For Menu Selection, click "None" to the right of Select (see #2 below).
- Click the check boxes for any menu items that should display the module when clicked (see #3 below).
- Click the Module tab. Under JEvents - Latest Events Module on the left are options you can change, depending on how you want your events to be displayed:
- Select categories – leave blank for all: Select which categories you want to display, or leave it blank if you want to show events from all categories.
- Maximum Events to display: enter the maximum number of events to be displayed.
- Display events from the next ? days: Enter a number for how many days into the future to display the events.
- Past Events Only: change this to "Future Events Only" to only display future events.
- When done, click Save & Close.
If you have any questions you may SUBMIT A REQUEST and we will help you with the configuration.