Using Google Voice will allow you to make calls from home, without you having to use your personal number.
If you prefer not to use your personal gmail account, you can create a new gmail account on the following link by going to www.gmail.com
- Select “Use Another Account”
- Click on “Create Account”
- Select “For myself”
- Fill in the require information and click Next to create a new gmail account
Once you have your gmail account, go to https://voice.google.com/signup
- Login if you not logged in already
- Select a City from Nearby Cities List
- Select a phone number from the Google Voice Number
- Click Verify
- Enter the phone/cell # that inbound calls should be forwarded to. Eg. Your home phone or cell phone
- Click Send Code
- You’ll receive a text or call with a verification Code, enter this code into the code field
- Click Verify
- Click Finish
NOTE: Forwarding to a home or cell phone, will only allow you to obscure your home or cell number when forwarding or giving it out to others, it will not make calls from your home or mobile phone come from the Google Voice number.
MAKING CALLS FROM GOOGLE VOICE
NOTE: You will need a microphone and speakers on your home machine in order to make calls.
Once you are logged into google voice, you can use the number pad on the bottom right of the screen to make a call.
- Click on the voicemail icon on the left side of the screen
- Click a message from the list
- Click on the Play button at the bottom
TURNING GOOGLE VOICE CALL FORWARD ON/OFF
- To turn Google Voice Forwarding to your cell or phone number, click on the settings icon in the upper right
- Click on the Calls section from the menu on the left
- Click on the toggle switch next to your cell or phone number