Create Multiple Signature Template
- If your envelope has more than one recipient, you can choose to set a signing order. The signing order lets you control the order in which your recipients receive and sign your documents.
- With Set signing order enabled, you can specify a recipient routing order.
- You can set up a simple sequential routing order, where each recipient receives the email notification once the previous recipient has completed their action. You can also have a mix of sequential and parallel routing.
- When you use a signing order, you can route an envelope to the same person multiple times.
- For example, you want to send a purchase order to your manager to approve, then send it on to purchasing to sign, and finally send a copy to your manager again.
- With Set signing order disabled, all recipients receive the document in parallel.
- In the example, I’m setting up a sequence in the TEMPLATE using ‘roles’, the actual email addresses will be used when the actual ENVELOPE is created and sent. But this sets up the SEQUENCE of signing.
-Create NEW TEMPLATE
- -Use the sign-doc2.doc
- -Add Recipients (just add their ‘Role’)
- -Check SET SIGNING ORDER
Example of signing order
Define Document for Multiple Signatures
- Add Name, Signature & Date to document as fields
- For each field, specify the Recipient for those fields.
- You can drag ‘initial’ to the end of each paragraph, and set the initial to be the ‘employee’.
- Each field can have a ‘Tooltip defined’
- If you set a DATA LABEL to be the SAME for multiple field types, then when data is entered in a field, it will be ‘re-used’ in other fields, so it doesn’t have to be re-entered.
Example of multiple signature on 1 document
Create Envelope with Signing Order
- New Envelope
- Select to USE A TEMPLATE
- Select the template (that has multiple signatures)
- Add Recipients to Envelope
- Note: when Supervisor is entered, it will automatically fill that name in for position 4 as well (same person)
Example of envelope with signing order
- Send it out