By default, Joomla! assigns a new module to all pages, which may not always be appropriate. This procedure explains how to restrict the display of a module to one or more menu items using the Administrator interface. The module will only appear when the selected menu items are accessed.
Assigning the Module to specific menu items
- In the Joomla! back-end (Control Panel), navigate to Extensions > Modules
- Click the title of the module
- Click the "Menu Assignment" tab
- Click the dropdown box to the right of Module Assignment and select "Only on the pages selected" (see #1 below).
- For Menu Selection, click "None" to the right of Select (see #2 below).
- Click the check boxes for any menu items that should display the module when clicked (see #3 below).
Saving the Module
- To save changes and continue editing the module, click the Save button to the upper left of the web page:
- When you are done editing the module, click "Save & Close" to the upper left to save your new module: